How to Apply
The following programs are now accepting applications for Winter (January) 2016 entry:
- Cinema & Media Arts – Cinema and Media Studies (BA)
- Dance (BFA)
- Digital Media (BA)
- Music (BFA)
- Visual Art & Art History – Visual Art (Studio) (BFA)
- Visual Art & Art History – Art History (BA)
For Cinema and Media Studies, Digital Media and Art History, the application deadline for January 2016 admission is December 2, 2015.
For Dance, Music and Visual Arts, the application deadline for January 2016 admission is November 20, 2015 and the deadline for completion of the Supplementary Evaluation is December 2, 2015.
Admission to most programs in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design is based on both academic standing and artistic merit. Applying to these programs is therefore a two-step process. York University assesses admissability based on your academic record, while artistic merit is evaluated by the department offering the program.
The following programs accept applications for both Fall (September) and Winter (January) entry:
- Cinema & Media Arts – Cinema and Media Studies
- Digital Media
- Visual Art & Art History – Visual Art (Studio)
- Visual Art & Art History – Art History
The following programs offer Fall (September) entry only:
You may apply to more than one AMPD program, but you must apply separately to each one.
Step 1: Apply to York University
If you are currently enrolled full-time in an Ontario high-school, contact your guidance office to help you apply for admission to York University.
Other candidates, including international applicants outside of Ontario, can apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) or directly to York through the York University Application.
International applicants are also encouraged to visit York University’s website for international students.
For application deadlines see York University’s Deadlines for Undergraduate Study.
Step 2: Complete a Supplementary Evaluation
If you’re applying to any of the following AMPD programs, in addition to applying for admission to York University, you must also complete a Supplementary Evaluation:
- Cinema & Media Arts – Production (BFA)
- Cinema & Media Arts – Screenwriting (BFA)
- Visual Art & Art History – Visual Arts (BFA)
Once you’ve applied to York and have received your York Reference Number from the Office of Admissions, you may proceed to the AMPD Supplementary Evaluation website.
If you are applying to more than one of the above programs, you must submit a separate Supplementary Evaluation for each.
The following programs do not require a Supplementary Evaluation:
- Visit us at Fall Campus Day.
- Come for an AMPD tour and check out the superb facilities for learning, creation, production, rehearsal, exhibition and performance that await you in our School. Add a York University campus tour to complete the experience.
- Check out our public events and performances taking place throughout the season.
- Make sure all your documents arrive before the deadline.
- Check your application status.
Do you have questions about the undergraduate application or Supplementary Evaluation process? Want to know more about our programs and your next steps?
Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Scholarships & Awards
York University and AMPD offer an array of scholarships, awards and bursaries for incoming students.
AMPD Talent Entrance Scholarships valued at $1000 are awarded every year to recognize outstanding artistic talent/achievement as demonstrated in the application/supplementary evaluation process. Other scholarships, awards and bursaries are available based on academic performance, or by application. For detailed information on these opportunities, visit York University’s Scholarships & Financial Aid website and AMPD’s Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries website.
Wondering what you can do with an AMPD degree? Find out more about your career options.