Welcome to National Portfolio Day 2023!
York University’s School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD) is proud to host National Portfolio Day – a premier event that gives emerging artists and designers the rare opportunity to get feedback from art schools from around the country/world. Register today!
Saturday November 4, 2023
12 PM – 4 PM EST
Centre for Fine Arts
86 Fine Arts Rd,
North York, ON M3J 1P3
30 participating schools at most.
1,000+ anticipated student participants.
3 schools per student, on average.
10-15 minutes of one-on-one face-to-face time, on average.
Make your way here
What’s in it for you?
Personalized feedback on your work.
Recommendations and resources to improve.
Tips on next steps for a successful application.
Prepare your portfolio
A portfolio of visual artwork including your best and most recent work. It can include works in progress, sketchbooks, and tear sheets. Do not hesitate to explain how you develop your ideas and where you want to go with them. Each school will have different opinions and critiques on your portfolio. To maximize your experience, discuss your portfolio with as many colleges and universities as possible and bring no more than 15 works. Your portfolio can be presented as original work or on screen, but Wi-Fi may not be available at all locations.
Choose 3 schools to visit
Identify three schools to visit. Line-ups may limit the number of schools you can connect with during the 4-hour event.
- Alberta University of the Arts
- California College of the Arts
- California Institute of the Arts
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Concordia University
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Gwen Frostic School of Art at Western Michigan University
- Kendall College of Art and Design
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- New York School of Interior Design
- NSCAD University
- OCAD University
- Otis College of Art & Design
- Parsons School of Design/Parsons Paris at The New School
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of Visual Arts
- Sheridan College
- University of the Arts
- University of the Arts London
- York University School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD)
What to expect
- Arrive early. Schools will evaluate portfolios on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Line up independently. Parents, guardians, family, friends, and supporters cannot line up on behalf of a student.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Some schools may have long line ups.
- Bring Water
- Enjoy exclusive one-on-one time. Parents, guardians, family, friends, and supporters cannot enter the evaluation room with the student.