Welcome to National Portfolio Day 2022!
York University’s School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD) is proud to host National Portfolio Day – a premier event that gives emerging artists and designers the rare opportunity to get feedback from art schools from around the country/world. This National Portfolio Day will be the first in-person event in two years, and the only event in Ontario. Register today!
Saturday October 1, 2022
12 PM – 4 PM EST
Centre for Fine Arts
86 Fine Arts Rd,
North York, ON M3J 1P3
30 participating schools at most.
1,000+ anticipated student participants.
3 schools per student, on average.
10-15 minutes of one-on-one face-to-face time, on average.
Make your way here
What’s in it for you?
Personalized feedback on your work.
Recommendations and resources to improve.
Tips on next steps for a successful application.
Prepare your portfolio
Your portfolio should include the best work you are making now; but it can also include work in progress, sketchbooks, and tear sheets, such as printed proof of your work. Do not spend an inordinate amount of time matting or framing your work, or worrying about presentation. The work itself is what is of interest.
Choose 3 schools to visit
Identify three schools to visit. Line-ups may limit the number of schools you can connect with during the 4-hour event.
- Alberta University of the Arts
- Alfred University School of Art & Design + Performing Arts Division
- Art Academy of Cincinnati
- California College of the Arts
- California Institute of the Arts
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Kendall College of Art and Design
- Maine College of Art & Design
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- New York School of Interior Design
- NSCAD University
- OCAD University
- Otis College of Art & Design
- Pacific Northwest College of Art at Willamette University
- Parsons School of Design/Parsons Paris at The New School
- Ringling College of Art & Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of Visual Arts
- Sheridan College
- The Cooper Union
- The Glasgow School of Art
- University of the Arts London
- York University School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD)
What to expect
- Arrive early. Schools will evaluate portfolios on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Line up independently. Parents, guardians, family, friends, and supporters cannot line up on behalf of a student.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Some schools may have long line ups.
- Bring Water
- Enjoy exclusive one-on-one time. Parents, guardians, family, friends, and supporters cannot enter the evaluation room with the student.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
More information about NPD
WHAT ARE NATIONAL PORTFOLIO DAYS?
Connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org