Design Students Take Home National Student Awards
York University Design students took home big wins at the 2021 The Advertising & Design Club of Canada (ADCC) Student Competition. The ADCC looks for the best portfolio pieces from students in advertising, graphic design, editorial and book design, and interactive design.
- SILVER, BEST EDITORIAL & BOOK DESIGN: The book of Baijiu, Shochu, Sake (illustration), Yuling Zhang
- BRONZE, GRAPHIC DESIGN: Panle Tea, Albert Ng and Yuling Zhang
- BRONZE, GRAPHIC DESIGN: Aidey Bandages, Paco Lui
Out of 850 applications from across Canada, 20 AMPD design projects were shortlisted and six won top prizes at the 2021 RGD Student Awards.
- GREENMELON AWARD FOR PACKAGING DESIGN (SINGLE): Lumi by Emily Wentland
- NURUN AWARD FOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN (TIE): FORME By Kelsie Leung, Irene Li, Suyue (Amy) Liao, Sam Yang
- NURUN AWARD FOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN (TIE): Arise by Samantha Lam, Kacey Lee, and Irene Li
- OLYESTER STUDIO AWARD FOR MOTION DESIGN: Sleep Paralysis by Helena Kim
- QUAKE AWARD FOR CREATIVE INNOVATION: Uzu by Paco Lui, Ryan Potter, Nicholas Reeder and Geoffrey Thompson
- SLD AWARD FOR PACKAGING DESIGN (SERIES): Potheads by Tommy Truong