Frequently Asked Questions

Q.   How do I find out about the Degree Requirements for my Program?

Answer:   You must fulfill the degree requirements for the year that you entered your current program. For example, if you entered the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design (AMPD) in 2011 as a Film BFA student, but in 2012 became a Film BA student, you will look for the Film BA degree requirements Degree requirements for 2012.  Degree requirements are found in the Undergraduate Calendar at

  1. Click on the link of the appropriate calendar and choose Film.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Film (BFA) and (BA) degree requirements and follow the requirements for your current degree.
  3. In addition, you must check the AMPD degree requirements which are located just below the degree requirements.  Click on Rules and regulations in the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design.

Q.    Where do I find information & forms about:

  • COURSES & ENROLMENT (adding & dropping courses, Important Dates etc.)?
  • STUDENT LIFE (Conflict Resolution, Counseling & Disability Services etc.)?
  • ACADEMIC RESOURCES (such as changing your program or petitioning etc.)?
  • MONEY MATTERS (fees, financial aid etc.)?
  • CAMPUS SERVICES (Bookstore, Housing etc.)?
  • FUTURE PLANNING (Career Centre, Convocation etc.)?

Answer:   You can find information related to all of the above at the York University Current Students portal