Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries
Applications are now being accepted for Fall/Winter 2016-2017 programs. Students must submit their Student Financial profile (SFP) by the following dates to be considered for the corresponding programs:
- Scholarships and Awards program SFP Deadline: October 15, 2016
- AMPD Awards Application Deadline: October 20, 2016 (if SFP completed by Oct 15th)
Step by Step Process for Applying to Awards, Scholarhships and Bursaries
Step #1 - Complete the Student Financial Profile
The Student Financial Profile will be assessed to determine if you have financial need which is a requirement for some of the listed awards and bursaries.
DO NOT apply to AMPD awards on the SFS website. See Step # 2 on where to apply to AMPD awards
Step # 2 - Apply to AMPD Awards
Use the application document found below to apply to AMPD awards (both department & pan Faculty):
- Download awards application form (.doc)
- Submit the completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State your program of study and name in the subject line
Tips when completing the application form:
- Include information that refers to the criteria of the award/scholarship/bursary
- Be as detailed as possible if specific criteria is being requested
- Use only one form to apply to ALL AMPD awards you are eligible for
You may also drop off a hard copy to OAISS offices at CFA 322 Attention: Scholarships & Awards.
Successful award applicants will see the funds applied to their student accounts, as per University policy. Award recipients receive a letter of congratulations from the Chair of the AMPD Awards Committee.
Department vs. Pan-Faculty Awards
Some awards are available to all AMPD students while others are department-specific. Please check the criteria in the award descriptions carefully before submitting an application.
Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
All awards with OSOTF (Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund) criteria require completion of residency information which requires students to have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency or protected persons status and Ontario residency. If an award or scholarship is OSOTF dependant it will be outlined in the award criteria.