Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries
Applications are now being accepted for Fall/Winter 2016-2017 programs. Students must submit their Student Financial profile (SFP) by the following dates to be considered for the corresponding programs:
- Scholarships and Awards program SFP Deadline: October 15, 2016
- AMPD Awards Application Deadline: October 20, 2016 (if SFP completed by Oct 15th)
Step by Step Process for Applying to Awards, Scholarhships and Bursaries
Step #1 - Complete the Student Financial Profile
The Student Financial Profile will be assessed to determine if you have financial need which is a requirement for some of the listed awards and bursaries.
DO NOT apply to AMPD awards on the SFS website. See Step # 2 to apply to AMPD awards
Step # 2 - Apply to AMPD Awards
Tips when completing the application form:
- Include information that refers to the criteria of the award/scholarship/bursary
- Be as detailed as possible if specific criteria is being requested
- Use only one form to apply to ALL AMPD awards you are eligible for
The AMPD Awards Committee will adjudicate applications in December and successful candidates will be notified by email followed with a congratulatory letter from the Chair of the Awards Committee.
Department vs. Pan-Faculty Awards
Some awards are available to all AMPD students while others are department-specific. Please check the criteria in the award descriptions carefully before submitting an application.
Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
All awards with OSOTF (Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund) criteria require completion of residency information which requires students to have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency or protected persons status and Ontario residency. If an award or scholarship is OSOTF dependant it will be outlined in the award criteria.